Vegan Chocolate Banana Cake
Delicious Vegan cake with goodness of chocolate,Bananas and Flax seeds.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1056
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 23g
Monounsaturated Fat 82g
Total Carbohydrates 269g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 medium sized Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar or Jaggery Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flax seed powder + 3 tbsp water
- Soak Flax seed Powder in water and set aside. The mixture should become like a gel in some time.
- Grease a baking pan and set aside. I am using a medium size bundt pan for this.Preheat the oven on 180 degree Celcius for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl sift All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda.
- Also sieve and add cocoa powder to the flour and gently combine. Set aside.
- Mash overripe bananas with a fork and place in a mixing bowl. Add vegetable oil and combine.
- Add the flax powder gel to the bananas.
- Add brown sugar or jaggery powder and vanilla extract. Give everything a good mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix with the spatula. Do not over mix simple moisten the flour.
- Pour this in the greased pan and bake on a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes on 180 degree celcius. The test of doneness is that the toothpick inserted will come out clean.
- Let the cake cool down a little before taking it out of the pan. Invert the pan on a serving plate and gently tap to remove the cake. Slice and serve with your favourite cup of coffee or tea.
By Anshu Pande
Adapted from The Secret Ingredient
SOS Organics https://www.sosorganics.com/