Vintage Honey Fig and Date Cake Squares Recipe with Gluten Free Flour
A vintage recipe dating back to 1940's, our Honey Date Cake Squares are made with Gluten Free flour. An extremely easy recipe to make delicious and healthy treats.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 115
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 82g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I used almonds, cashews and pistachios)
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup Figs, chopped
- ⅔ cup honey
- ¾ cup SOS Organics Himalayan gluten-free flour or Himalayan Whole Grain Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Soak figs and dates in warm water for an hour and set aside till they become soft.
- De-seed the dates and chop the figs and dates into small pieces.
- Also chop a mix of nuts, I have used almonds, cashews and pistachios and set aside.
- Lightly whisk the eggs. You don't have to form stiff peaks.
- Add chopped nuts, figs, dates and honey and mix with the eggs.
- Stir in Gluten Free flour, add Baking Powder and Salt and mix. Do not over mix just till everything is moist.
- Line a 9×9 baking tin with some parchment paper to that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. I have crushed the parchment paper and then opened and placed it, this trick will help it sit better. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Pour the batter in the baking tin and smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin along with parchment paper. Once the cake cools down slice it into squares.
- Serve with your favorite cup of Coffee or Tea.
Adapted from The Secret Ingredient
SOS Organics https://www.sosorganics.com/