Amaranth Herbed Crackers are gluten free savouries which are an absolute crowd pleaser.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 474
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 33g
Total Carbohydrates 132g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Cup SOS Organics Roasted Himalayan Amaranth flour
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mixed dried herbs 2 tbsp if using fresh
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius (Learn more about Oven Temperatures and Conversions). In a bowl add the Amaranth Flour and Baking Powder.
- Also add chopped garlic and salt to the flour.
- Add dried or fresh herbs to the bowl and combine. You can use any herb or combination of herbs to your liking.
- Add water and Olive oil.
- Combine everything using your hands or you can do the same in a food processor. Mix this till everything comes together like a dough. Don’t add more water or oil. Its a gluten free flour so it will take some time for it to come together.
- Place the dough on a sheet of Parchment Paper and roll it thin using a roller pin. It should be about 1/5th of an inch in thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter and cut them into desired shapes. Place them on a baking sheet lined with Parchment Paper. You can use a spatula to lift the cracker dough for it is very fragile.
- Use a fork to prick the crackers all over. Bake the crackers in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes. Keep a close eye not to over bake them. Let them crisp up a little before biting into them.
- Recipe N
Adapted from The Secret Ingredient
SOS Organics https://www.sosorganics.com/